Update: Christmas Event 12-24-19
The plan was always to launch event, and then continously tweak and improve based on constructive feedback. Getting large events perfect from the start is not practical. That said, here are the immediate changes that went live with this patch:
- Reduced the damage reduction to bosses from 50% to 25%. The idea is to stop players from destroying all bosses.. you have to choose which boss. If all the bosses were killed easily, then newer players wouldn't get a chance to get any.. more high end players would be going around knocking down all the bosses in seconds.
- Doubled the drop rate of the bosses spawned from Boss Island and Toy Token. Again, there is 11 days of the event with Christmas Island spawning up to 12 times a day (130ish times for the event.. thats potentially 130 more Varloks, 130 of each justice.. not including the bosses from the Toy Tokens... the idea is to spread it out over the 11 days.. and not have INSTANT gratification on day 1 by flooding the server with end game items from the event. There should be a CHANCE for drops.
- Bosses from Christmas Dungeon have a mostly normal drop rate. (The zone for Level 65 and below).
- There is no death penalty in Christmas Dungeon.
- Increased the drop rate from Golden Stockings for the end game items based on the amount of Golden Stockings obtained from the first 12 hours of the event. There is careful monitoring of all drops to ensure the target is met without damaging the economy.
- Removed the damage reduction entirely from the Christmas Dungeon. This zone is meant for newer players, and shouldn't be as difficult.
- When you die on Christmas Island or Christmas Dungeon you will go back to the start of the map!
- The NPC has been added to buy back near Pandora for Christmas Island.
- Increased the amount of bosses on Christmas Island.
- Noob ToS (-Warp 12) mobs have been replaced by higher EXP Evil Snowmen that drop stockings and elixers! New players can use this zone (Level < 60 only) to get some safety from higher levels, and a boost to EXP and hunt elixers.
- Christmas Island stays open for 30 minutes, and the portal stays open for 10 minutes.
- Fixed Pets dissapearing when an Event instance or Raid instance closes.
Thanks.. this is an 11 day event.. keep that in mind.
GM Charles - Global Admin & Developer - Server / Website